Cookies & other storage technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so that you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly SocialBrexit Products load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether you’ve enabled high-contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly. For example, we set the ‘dpr’ and ‘wd’ cookies, each with a lifespan of 7 days, to deliver an optimal experience for your device’s screen.
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the SocialBrexit service, analyse which parts of the SocialBrexit Products people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
- The SocialBrexit Products;
- Products provided by other members of the SocialBrexit Companies; and
- You can use your ad preferences to learn why you’re seeing a particular ad and control how we use information that we collect to show you ads.
- To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us about your activity off SocialBrexit Company Products, including websites and apps. You can control whether we use this data to show you ads in your ad settings.
- The SocialBrexit Audience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in apps and websites off the SocialBrexit Company Products. One of the ways Audience Network shows relevant ads is by using your ad preferences to determine which ads you may be interested in seeing. You can control this in your ad settings.
- You can review your Off-SocialBrexit activity, which is a summary of activity that businesses and organizations share with us about your interactions with them, such as visiting their apps or websites. They use our Business Tools, like SocialBrexit Pixel, to share this information with us. This helps us do things like give you a more personalized experience on SocialBrexit. Learn more about off-SocialBrexit activity, how we use it, and how you can manage it.
Date of Last Revision: 29 November 2020